Tag Archives: Curly Hair products
It doesn’t matter if your hair is long or short, get ready for some serious inspiration overload!
The balayage (which never fails to impress) is becoming much softer with more muted tones. Stay 1-3 shades darker to lighter to keep this look on trend. Having a 1-3 shades difference is still noticeable but much softer (and more gentle to the hair) leaving your blend seamless and your hair looking natural and healthy. Copper tones are going to be everywhere this summer!
Statement middle partings! Okay, so this look isn’t for everyone (or for everyone’s face shape) but if your bold by nature this sleek look can become instantly edgy.
Fringes and bangs. Almost all the Victoria secrets models went and had there bangs cut in after the runway. Most went with a super soft and gentle finish but Bella Hadid went more punk rock with short, thick, textured and bold bangs that made her cheekbones look super sharp.
Glossy gold tones are back! Stay away from the super high maintenance ice white look and do a Blake Lively. Don’t forget to keep it classy not brassy with Paul Mitchell’s colour protect shampoo and conditioner.
Curls are IN! At last, we are embracing natural curls. The bigger the better! Think 80s perm but remember frizz is OUT. Thanks to Paul Mitchell’s curls range you don’t have to sacrifice the hairs condition to get the volume needed for this look and you can keep frizz at bay.
Messy buns are still in but the neater more timeless classic ballerina bun in making its come back. Keep it small, tight and high on the head (goodbye doughnuts hello natural hair). To really add a modern twist on this why not plat your hair first and then wrap in Into a tight bun?
So now we know what’s in, what’s out?
Thankfully not much, hair really is another accessory so it’s all about your personal style and what makes you feel good.
Grey hair – if you really want to keep this super high maintenance and hard to achieve colour why not try more charcoal tones? It will reflect the light better giving the hair something grey tones can’t achieve, shine!
Bold balayage – balayage is still very much in, it’s just gone more natural looking. Trying to get super dark roots to blend in with super light ends is near impossible on most hair types and it’s the reason why almost all photos of bold balayage have the model wearing her hair curly, curls hide a multitude of sins! If you want to keep the balayage we recommend going with the current trend of more natural colours that blend together perfectly.
Vibrant colours – while not strictly out of fashion we do recommend going to a more washed out and muted down look in order to stay strictly on trend (however we do still love bold and bright tones!) if you do want to stay vibrant and bold we recommend using the new VIRAL colour shampoos, there come in loads of different colours to help keep your reds, blues, purples and greens vibrant and fresh in between salon visits.
Another thing you may have noticed last year was how colours were named after food and drinks such as coffee, caramel, chocolate, honey etc… As hair stylists, we do this to help our clients vision the colour without saying something like “your colour is 9NB and 9G” which really doesn’t sound that fun!
This year look out for colours being named after gemstones such as flawless diamond, quartz, citrine and ruby red!
Festive gifts from Paul Mitchell available at the Grove Experience hair salon in Eastbourne 2016
Merry Christmas .
The Secret to stress-free wedding hair?
Here are our top tips for hassle free bridal hairstyles.
Look online for hair pictures you like. We recommend Pinterest as you can create mood boards of your favourite pics. Great to take to your stylist and show. Check out ours for some inspiration. :https://www.pinterest.com/groveexperience/
- Once you have chosen your prefect dress think about whats going to work best with neck lines and details on the dress. If your dress has lots of detail, maybe choosing a simple hairstyle would work best.
- what feels more comfortable to you ? Do you like your hair up or down? NOT all bridal hair has to be up. It will not suit everyone or every dress style.
- Think about hair accessories ~? are you wearing a veil, Flowers, Tiara ? This will help your hairdresser know what styles will work for you.
- We recommend coming in for a free consultation with our long hair experts! They will be able to give you advice and help you choose a style that works for you and your wedding style.
- Wedding hair trials are a great way to try different styles – We recommend bringing your camera so you can take pictures of different looks to help you chose. Also some brides don’t find their perfect style on the first trial so have this well before the day to give you time to reselect.
The thing to watch is the hair on the day will not be the same as on the trial so get an idea not a fixed look.
- Bridesmaids – some brides like their bridesmaids to look the same and some will what them all different. if you what that very symmetrical look then pre-plan who the bridesmaids will be. Height/ hair colour / hair length.
- Its a great idea to do a hair trial on the day of your hen do or an outing so you can keep the hair in to see how well it lasts.
It is also a good idea to do your make-up trail on the same day. Great an idea of the full look.
- Also on the morning of your wedding we can come to you at home or a venue of your choice or you can come inn to the salon as a party to get pampered, a great way to start your day.
For a FREE consultation call the salon on 01323 411852
Kiki Cavie (long hair specialist)
The Grove Experience
Run out of your favorite hair products?, need to restock before your next visit to the salon?
We have just partnered with ‘ShampooHQ’ to sort out all your product needs from the salon between visits, delivered to a location of your choice.
Any products used and recommended during your service are available for you to TakeHome from our in-salon shop. Looking for a Paul Mitchell® product we don’t stock or a larger size? No problem!
You can now shop online with us on our website through Shampoo HQ.
Speak to your stylist about registering, allowing you the flexibility to shop online between visits and have your product delivered to your chosen destination.
We are proud to be a Paul Mitchell Signature Hair Salon.
This means we stock the full range of Paul Mitchell in all the sizes and over all the lines. All available from our Hair salon in Grove Road in Eastbourne.
Paul Mitchell have been busy winning some awards over the last couple of months.
Pop in to the salon in Grove Road and speak to one of the team who will be happy to talk through your needs and recommend the best products for you and your hair. You can also down load our smart phone App and purchase your products from the shop section of the App.