As part of the BNF Healthy Eating week running from the 12th to 16th June 2017, The Grove Experience decided to dedicate their weekly team meeting to promoting the importance of eating a healthy well balanced diet.
We Provided a platter of delicious seasonal and exotic fruits for our team and trainees to enjoy. They were also encouraged to complete a food diary for one day during the week where all food and drink consumed was documented as well as all physical activity.
This was followed up by a discussion to see where changes could be made to improve their diets and lifestyles to make them healthier.
8 Tips for healthy Eating
- Base your meals on starchy carbohydrates – they should make up over one third of the food you eat.
- Eat lots of Fruit and vegetables – at least five portions a day and make sure you choose a wide variety.
- Eat More Fish – at least two a week include at least one portion of oily fish such as Salmon, mackerel , Trout, Herring, fresh tuna, Sardines, pilchards.
- Cut down on saturated fats and sugar – such as hard cheese, cakes, biscuits, sausages, cream, butter, Lard, Pies, Fizzy drinks, alcohol, sugary breakfast cereals and pastries.
- Eat Less Salt – No More than 6g a day for adults. Remember that about three quarters of salt we eat is already in the food we buy such as breakfast cereal, soaps, breads and sauces.
- Get active and be a healthy weight – set some time aside for physical activity, walk instead of driving where possible, try something new, swimming and cycling are great ways to keep fit and can be great fun.
- Don’t Get Thirsty – Drink plenty of fluids to stop you getting dehydrated. The Government recommends SIX to EIGHT glasses of water a day.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast – Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day!!.Breakfast like a King – Lunch like a Queen – supper like a pauper.
Published Date: 20th June 2017
Category: General, Google, Msn, News, Yahoo
Tags: Cheynes Hairdressing, City & Guilds, Eastbourne, Eastbourne Hairdressers, Experience Education Academy, expert Tips, Gary Young, Grove experience, Grovegirls, Hair salon, Hairdressing Apprenticeships Eastbourne, Hairdressing NVQ, Hairdressing Students Eastbourne, Healthy Eating week, NVQ Training School, Paul Mitchell